Thursday, March 22, 2007

Airlines, Airports, and American Terrorism

What is up with the airlines and their, "You need to calm down sir."? I know that we had a national crisis on 9/11. How many years ago was that again? I understand the possible threat of another attack, What I don't understand is the attitude of the airline/ airport officials or workers or what ever you call them. Jerks, that would be appropriate. Well maybe that was harsh... Maybe the pay scale sucks, and there are no bennies, and they deal with a lot of prickly people. Or maybe they are just jerks, especially at Ohare International Airport. I think they should let some of them drink on the job... might help... or maybe they already do.

My traveling companion was in a motor vehicle accident and needed a wheel chair, so we called ahead to the airlines, United... no actually it was Ted a division of United. (Get the play on words? Ted a division of UniTed.) So we get to Ohare and we are standing in line with the rest of the early birds and we approach an attendant to ask about the wheelchair that they said would be waiting. Here is what I said.

"Excuse me sir my travel companion called ahead to Ted and requested a wheal chair, she is in quite a bit of pain, who do we need to speak with about getting the wheelchair?"
His response ....yup you guessed it.

"You need to calm down!"

"Sir we just need to speak to someone about the chair."

"I said, You two need to calm down!"

So after some more waiting we finally get the chair. I need to point out that after we got through security, the agents of Ted were great. They took care of us very well.


Fast forward two years.

Same scenario except we are flying Northworst, I'm sorry Northwest, and this time we do not need a wheel chair. Our flight from Ohare to Phoenix with a layover in Minneapolis got cancelled do to a snow storm in Minneapolis. The moment we know about the cancellation my companion asks an attendant if there are any flights from Chicago to Phoenix that layover in a different city.

He says
"You need to calm down, all these people behind you need to get someplace as well."
At this point I look behind us and there are no people behind us. I should also mention in both instances we were calm.

I also can't figure out the deal with only 3 oz. of liquid or gels. So If I wanted to smuggle on board 3 oz of explosives all I have to do is bring on 3 separate 1 oz containers of the same material and then put them together with another accomplices 3 oz that they brought on board in three 1 oz. containers. Or I could bring one 2 oz. and one 1 oz. or one 3 oz. or .... you get the point. Three ounces of any explosives mixed with any multiple of three oz will equal enough explosives to cause collateral damage. Big deal.
I think I would be more worried about the pilot being drunk than a terrorist being on board.

I think as long as the airlines continue to ban liquid over 3 oz. , it forces the consuming public to purchase new toiletries after every flight. (I wonder who "owns" the toiletry companies) . It also forces us to purchase the three dollar water bottles and five dollar coffees from the airport gift shops or bookstore.

Oh and what about the fast food joints beyond the security check points? I know they must use sharp objects and other items that could be used as take over a weapons. Not to mention most of the people working at these places don't speak English.
Yes it is racial profiling, and no I am not ashamed or sorry ... many foreigners consider the middle aged white man to be the spawn of Satan or infidels, which is racial profiling, so deal with it.
I think I would be more worried about a foreign take over from the inside rather that from the outside at this point.

In a few years the Taliban, Al Qaeda, turban wearin' eastern speaking "terrorists" will have completely taken over the country not by force but by our complacent American lazy wimpy politically correct attitudes. They already have control of the fuel economy and not by way of oil fields. They own or work most convenience stores, trucking companies, and mass transit companies across America. I think the "terrorists" will appeal to the Mexicans and the African Americans...

I should just say Americans because most of them are born here, but you would not know of which Americans I am speaking, and black or negro is not politically correct any more, so I am left to once again profile racially... thank you, you liberal gun grabbin' bleeding heart bozos for making me feel self conscious about my choice of descriptive words... At least you haven't tainted the Mexican American community, they are still just Mexican and proud of it.

... and the three allied forces will shut down America from the inside. A huge walk out. No one to drive the taxis, no one to buy gas from, no one to drive truck etc. etc. etc.
No I am not racist or a white supremacist. I have friends of many nationalities races and creeds... I just call it like I see it. The "terrorists" will keep us busy for a few years with a few crude acts of violence as they establish their inside net work and then one day by way of sheer volume they will have control of the country. (How many years has it been since 9/11, we are still distracted and haven't a clue)

So back to the "no more than three oz of liquid". Upon our return flight from Phoenix to Minneapolis I had, in my carry on, a bottle of lotion (8.6 oz) and a bottle of water from Club Tattoo (12oz) that I was saving as a souvenir. They confiscated the lotion. I asked If I could put some on my newly tattooed skin before they took it away and they told me I would have to go back through the security check. What the hell for. Because last I knew liquids are not metallic and would not set off the detector no matter how much I put on my body. Oh maybe they figure I'm gonna smuggle in more than 3 oz of nitro enmeshed in the "body butter" and then Ill set myself ablaze once inside the aircraft. And once again, how is the metal detector going to tell if I just lathered on lotion or if I just creamed up with a special brew of C4.

As I am writing this I realize that this will be on the net and once posted, it will be filtered through our governments anti terrorists search engines and poodle-do sniffing agencies. The thought occurred to me to not post this.... Screw em'.... Ive had enough of being afraid to say what is on my mind or afraid of the threat of terror. We are terrorized more by our own fears than by actual terrorists events. I wouldn't be surprised if I got the "we cant be sending panic and fear out to our fellow Americans" leftist crap speech from some self important knob.

Like the booming voice over the airport loud speaker telling us that the National Terror Alert has been raised to level orange isn't sending panic and fear into our fellow Americans. I mean who in their right mind would not fear the color orange! .... (A Clock Work Orange, Jack-o-Lanterns, Salsa... very scary!)

So back to the security check point with the lotion and the water bottles. The lotion did not make it through. The water on the other hand did. almost three quarters full! So that's like 8 oz of liquid I took right through security and right on the plane. Boy I feel safe now. And just remember that when visiting our nations airports to stay calm.

No comments: